For all categories, a mix of media may be submitted unless otherwise specified. For example, if supplying three stories, it could be one video, one audio and one written piece.
Video and audio pieces
- The duration must be appropriate to the story being told, the platform being used and the audience. Careful consideration of those issues will help determine the length of the video/audio.
- Pieces should be accompanied by a copy of the script or, in the case of entries which consist of interviews, any questions of briefing materials prepared before recording
- The intended or actual outlet should be identified in the supporting statement
- The upload limit is 64 MB per file. If your files exceed this size, please either compress the file or submit a document containing the link to your content instead
- Can be submitted as PDFs or Word files
- Can be screenshotted from a website (please ensure content is clearly readable)
- URLs to online work can be submitted in a Word document. If the link is unavailable at the time of judging, it will not be considered)
The judging panel is made up of editors and senior journalists. The NCTJ will manage any potential conflicts of interest that may arise, for example to ensure panel members are not judging an entrant with whom they are associated.
All decisions of the judges are final and there is no right of appeal.