All those hours of hard work and revision will pay off, as the top performing students in each of the following Diploma in Journalism subjects receive a cash prize of £250 from the award sponsor.
Awards up for grabs:
- The Archant essential journalism award
- The Oxford University Press essential media law award
- The JPIMedia media law: court reporting award
- The Oxford University Press public affairs award
- The Society of Editors shorthand award (100wpm)
- The Sky Sports News shorthand award (120wpm)
- The ITV News broadcast journalism award
- The Facebook editing skills for journalists’ award
- The Mark Allen Group business of magazines award
- The Archant videojournalism award
- The Premier League sports journalism award
- The Reach journalism for a digital audience award
The overall top performing student each academic year will be presented with the Student of the Year award at the Awards for Excellence ceremony.