Our mission is to be recognised as the industry charity for attracting, qualifying and developing outstanding journalists from all backgrounds who work to the highest professional standards.
Our objectives are to:
- Offer outstanding professional qualifications which guarantee the high standards of journalism needed in the workplace and trust in journalists by the public
- Facilitate equality of opportunity in the journalism profession by taking action to encourage a diverse and inclusive culture
- Accredit high quality courses delivered by education and training providers and recognise courses of excellence
- Foster continuing professional development for journalists and journalism trainers throughout their careers
- Provide services and products that are demonstrably helpful and relevant to stakeholders
The charity’s strategy is based on the distinctive characteristics – the values – of the organisation.