Our mission is to be recognised inside and outside the media industry as the body for developing qualified multimedia journalists.
We provide a world-class education and training system that develops current and future journalists for the demands of a fast-changing multimedia industry.
Our objectives are to:
- Accredit high quality education and training providers and recognise courses of excellence
- Offer outstanding professional qualifications which guarantee the high standards of journalism needed in the workplace
- Foster continuing professional development for journalists throughout their careers
- Provide services and products that are demonstrably helpful and relevant to our stakeholders
To grow and develop the NCTJ, our values are to:
- Be fair, accessible and transparent
- Show strong sustainable growth and diversity
- Have effective leadership, management and governance
- Ensure best use of resources
- Be high profile, respected and influential
- Uphold high quality and relevant standards
- Be open, receptive and responsive to change