Are you a freelance journalist or looking to forge a career in the freelance market?
This comprehensive e-learning course is essential learning for any freelancer, with key information, practical guidance and first-person case studies to support a freelance career.
The number of freelance journalists in the UK has grown considerably during the last decade, and it is important you are prepared if you are about to enter the market or if you are already operating as a freelancer and need additional support.
The course – which takes up to three hours to complete – is divided into three sections: Early-career freelancers; experienced and established freelancers and a final section on running your freelance career as a business.
All aspects of freelance journalism are covered and includes:
- Starting out in the freelance market
- Making industry contacts and networking
- Ideas and pitching stories
- Managing finances and understanding business
- Finding work and income streams
- Dealing with rejection!
- Personal resilience and wellbeing
- Sources of training and support
Freelance journalists receive a 15% discount code on all Journalism Skills Academy by using the code FL15 at checkout.