The course covers the essential areas of law affecting those working in the media.
Individuals or organisations in journalism, the media, publishing, the arts or entertainment at a personal, local, national or international level (consumer or business to business)
Depending on your preference, this course can:
- run at an introductory, intermediate or advanced level
- focus on these issues for one or all of the following: digital media, print journalism, publishing or broadcast
- Good practice
- The public interest and what it means for the media
- Freedom of information
- Data protection
- Copyright and other intellectual property rights
- Court reporting, contempt and sexual offences, in brief
- Ethics and the post Leveson landscape
- Exercises and opportunity for Q&A throughout
- Post-workshop mentoring and feedback available for an extra fee
- At an advanced level this course will also take an in-depth look at the following:
- The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act
- Court injunctions
- Extra risks of social media
- Legal risk assessment
Following this course you will understand the vital areas of law that affect the media and how to operate within these laws.
Location: NCTJ offices, Newport, Essex, but it can also be delivered as an in-house course
Date: This course can be set according to delegates' needs.
Cost: Our standard price is £375 plus VAT per delegate, please enquire about group rates
Contact us for more information. To book a place, please complete the form below.