The interpretation and presentation of data is increasingly relevant as it is the source of many important stories.
With so much data available, this course shows how to source it, interpret it and present it so it is accessible to large-scale audiences.
- To provide key teachings that ‘demystifies’ data and provides tools to tackle a data-led story with confidence
- To show techniques to present data – in print, online, on social and via video/audio
- To make complex data accessible for people regardless of background
This course is presented in three broad sections covering:
- Importance of data – how it enriches stories
- Sourcing and interpreting data
- Presentation of data – including case studies
Delivered on the Journalism Skills Academy site, you can start at any time and work at your own pace.