This six-month course will provide you with the skills you need to work in a digital newsroom or in the communications industry.
This new course has just been accredited and includes a variety of modules which will teach you how to produce engaging news copy and features as well as video footage for websites and social media.
You will also learn about how analytics and social media play a huge part in journalism and communications today.
Finally, you will develop a deep knowledge of the magazine industry in Scotland, Scottish politics and Scots Law.
The diploma has three core values at its foundation:
- the skills needed to source and tell stories accurately and to tight deadlines
- the modern multimedia environment of journalism and the integration of this with traditional skills
- core essential skills which are taught and assessed to a national standard, while still allowing some flexibility to specialise
NCTJ elective modules offered:
- Public affairs for journalists
- Videojournalism for digital platforms
- Practical magazine journalism
- Journalism for a digital audience
Job destinations of recent graduates include:
- Newsquest Scotland
- Future Scot News
- Media Zoo Scotland