Looking at the current state of the magazine market in the twenty-first century, the third edition explains how this has developed and changed in recent years, with specific attention paid to the explosion of apps, e-zines, online communities and magazine websites. Featuring case studies, interviews with successful editors, examples of covers and spreads, and useful tables and graphs, this book discusses the editor’s many roles and details the skills needed to run a publication.
Magazine Editing offers practical guidance on:
- how to create an editorial strategy
- how to lead and manage an editorial team
- researching a market and finding new readers
- dealing with budgets and finance
- working with designers and production staff
- legal, technological and ethical dilemmas
- online distribution, social media and search engine optimisation
- managing information overload
- how to become an editor
There are no reviews yet.