Cohort 2 of the Journalism Diversity Fund has now concluded with the awarding of seven bursaries for the 2016/2017 academic year. These up-and-coming journalists were awarded funding to begin their journalism training at NCTJ-accredited courses beginning this September.
Bursaries were awarded to:
- Jasmine Andersson. News Associates Manchester
- Faima Bakar, Press Association Training London
- Katie Boyd, Ulster University
- Keane Duncan, Press Association Training Newcastle
- Sara-Aisha Kent, Press Association Training London
- Josh Kitto, News Associates London
- Jennifer Stout, Ulster University
The interviews were kindly hosted by Press Association on Friday, 17 June. The morning interviewing panel consisted of Joanne Butcher, chief executive, NCTJ; Lisa Mitchell, head of production, Press Association and Leo Whitlock, editor, Kentish Gazette.
The afternoon interviewing panel consisted of Laurie Tucker, day editor, Sky Sports News; Helen Lewis, deputy editor, the New Statesman and Stephen Mitchell, director, NCTJ.