A full list of optional subjects is below. Use the links on the menu to the left to find out more about each subject.
There are 13 modules to choose from:
- How to use the English Language (level 2) - 1 credit
- Using the English language (level 2) - 1 credit
- Writing for a specific purpose - 1 credit
- Feature writing - 2 credits
- How society works - 4 credits
- Using video to tell a story - 2 credits
- Using audio to tell a story - 3 credits
- Taking images suitable for publication - 1 credit
- Finding and using data - 2 credits
- Sports reporting - 4 credits
- Writing reviews and comment articles - 1 credit
- The history of news - 1 credit
- Community radio newsgathering - 2 credits
Those working to complete the Certificate in Foundation Journalism must complete optional subjects with a minimum value of eleven credits as well as the five mandatory subjects.
Alternatively, modules may be completed individually. On successful completion, learners will be awarded a unit certificate.
Thirty minutes of tutor support is included in each unit.
To order, click here.