Your team: TalkRadio/ TalkTV
Your role: As a visual producer, you will be working closely with the production team to provide high quality output. Shift patterns will include weekends, early mornings and late nights.
Day to day you will:
- Vision mixing in a live broadcast environment
- Composing headline text onto screen graphics
- Liaising with the video editor and grabbing assets from folders
- Making sure presenters are framed correctly and constantly checking the output
- Keeping news ticker current and relevant
- Having a creative flair to play appropriate underlay
- Take responsibility with what can be done to make our visuals look next level
- Reporting technical issues
- Creating, starting and stopping YouTube live streams
- Constantly checking for breaking news and stories
What we’re looking for from you:
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a newsroom or in a busy media setting, but this is not essential.
- You will need to have a proven track record of being able to multitask and can deal with constantly changing demands and instructions.
- You will be computer literate and picking up new software and updates will come naturally.
- You’ll be dedicated to ensuring the visualisation of talkRADIO continues to go from strength to strength and take the station to the next level.
- You’ll be required to have laser-like focus and not be distracted with what can be a lively and noisy control room or newsroom.
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Be calm and editorially decisive in a pressured environment
- Be prepared to work evenings and weekends
- Wide understanding of media law
We are News Broadcasting: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio – home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020 Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Michael Portillo. In 2022 we launched TalkTV, a major new TV channel available to everyone across the UK, delivering a schedule of news, current affairs, entertainment and sport, with Piers Morgan in a primetime evening show.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.