Your team: TalkRadio/ TalkTV
Your role: The Video Producer is responsible for sourcing, capturing and editing news footage for the purposes of being broadcast on TalkTV from the TalkRadio studios. Working across programmes the Video Producer will create high-end, visually engaging underlay, newsworthy clips or SOTs, and will be well-versed in the rights and restriction policies from video news agencies. This role will include weekend work and weekday shift patterns.
Day to day you will:
- Sourcing and editing video content for TalkRadio programmes broadcast on TalkTV
- Provide video content as requested from various show producers
- Regularly checking latest content made available via news agencies and checking what content our competitors are using and whether we have access to it
- Logging and archiving footage used from various news agencies
- Must frame and shape footage in TalkRadio / TalkTV’s house-style
- Provide in-lines, out-lines, durations and potentially transcripts where necessary
- Proactively looking for new video content which could or should be used in programmes
- Responsible for ingesting the footage into internal servers for playout use in the studio
- Attending daily morning editorial conference meetings and presenting what’s available
- Take instruction from the Programme Director or Content Editor over required footage
- Liaise with other video producers or social media desk with footage sourced and available
- Sourcing and licencing footage from external parties or UGC
What we’re looking for from you:
- Professional experience using Adobe Premiere and Adobe Photoshop
- Experience in a similar role working in a busy newsroom where priorities are constantly changing
- A keen interest in news, current affairs and politics
- Excellent news judgement and an ability to pick out a newsline
- Be able to plan and multi-task effectively during busy periods
- A thorough understanding of the OFCOM broadcasting code and legal requirements
- Knowledge of UGC and the legal restrictions on usage
- Flexibility over working hours – this will include weekend work
We are News Broadcasting: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio – home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020 Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Michael Portillo. In 2022 we launched TalkTV, a major new TV channel available to everyone across the UK, delivering a schedule of news, current affairs, entertainment and sport, with Piers Morgan in a primetime evening show.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.