The video producer role forms an important part of The Times and The Sunday Times digital content creation strategy, responsible for delivering high-quality Luxury video for our smartphone app, website and social media channels.
The ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of The Times and The Sunday Times audiences – present and future. You will have experience in filming and editing creative video content for online platforms and be comfortable working with the wide array of talented journalists to leverage the knowledge and experience into creating the best possible video content.
You will need to be able to engage our readers with thoughtful and imaginative visual treatment of luxury video. You should be as comfortable editing one-minute pieces for social as you are editing longer commissioned features.
Working as part of the Times Luxury team, you will help commission videos for YouTube and article embeds. You will have access to experienced video producers for advice and guidance as well as the wider editorial team.
Key skills and responsibilities
- Evidence of filming on a range of interchangeable lens cameras
- Build strong relationships and work comfortably across the newsroom
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro; some understanding of Adobe After Effects is also desirable
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification and excellent writing skills
- Must be a social expert and understand what works where
- Able to juggle both longer form and highly produced videos with quicker turnaround video
- Be comfortable working in a team on collaborative projects as well as working on solo projects delivered to tight deadlines
- Have a positive, flexible attitude to your work
This job is for you if…
- You have a passion for Luxury products
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You embrace change and are always looking to learn
Applicants must provide a showreel of recent work and have the right to work in the UK
Apply with a covering letter, your CV and your showreel by August 10.
We are News UK: One of the leading media businesses in the UK and Ireland, our newsbrands include The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, The Sun on Sunday and The TLS. Our national broadcast brands include talkSPORT, Times Radio, talkRADIO and Virgin Radio UK, and we have market-leading local radio stations across Ireland. In 2022 we launched TalkTV, a major new TV channel available to everyone across the UK, delivering a schedule of news, current affairs, entertainment and sport, with Piers Morgan in a primetime evening show. Our world-famous brands provide news, analysis, opinion and entertainment to almost 40 million people each month. Spanning digital and print, audio and video, events and experiences, our brands are home to a plurality of opinion, representing the diverse communities we serve. News UK is wholly owned by News Corp.
Life at News: At News UK our people are our heartbeat – they are the driving force behind our brands and we want to enable people to thrive. Some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you would like. Many of us work in a hybrid way between one of the News UK & Ireland offices and remotely.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 11 employee-led networks.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. Some of what we offer includes:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 30 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
- Private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions
- Discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes
- ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as physio/massage and counselling
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing. Please let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
News UK is an official partner of the Journalism Diversity Fund, founder of the Journalism and Disability Forum, and proud member of the Valuable 500. At News UK, we will continue to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace, to help people with visible and non visible disabilities create careers in media and aim to make our content accessible to all.