We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic trainee reporter to join our team covering the Brighton Argus.
From celebrity-spotting to covering crime, this is a varied role that is perfect for a tenacious mind with a sharp news sense and a local knowledge of where to find the next big story.
Creativity and ideas are key, along with an understanding of news-gathering, sourcing your own stories and developing contacts to bring in strong exclusive content. The successful applicant will be hot on social media and keen to drive as many page views for their stories as possible.
The job is perfect for someone capable of hitting the ground running and making a name for themselves in journalism on what is a great news patch.
You will need:
- To be keen to get stuck in and take their career to the next level on a patch bursting with stories.
- To have good writing skills for both print and digital with exciting and innovative content ideas.
- To be willing to be coached in producing a daily output of high-quality accurate news of all shapes and sizes.
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- An NCTJ Diploma in Journalism
- Attention to detail
- The ability to write and think quickly under pressure.
- A strong news sense
- Great people skills
- An engaging writing style
Perks of the job:
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee rewards programme
- Cinema vouchers
- Discounted gym membership
- High street vouchers
- Virgin Media discount
Please apply by June 27th. Trial days or interviews may be arranged after receipt of applications and possibly before the deadline.