The Clydebank Post is seeking a talented trainee reporter to join our busy and friendly team. We want an ambitious, digitally skilled and versatile journalist to unearth the best-breaking news and features on an incredibly lively patch.
The right candidate will be passionate about digital storytelling, hard-working, full of ideas and have a desire to come up with innovative ways of presenting stories across various platforms. A big part of the job will also be immersing yourself in social media, developing relationships and understanding what matters to the community.
We want to tell the stories our audiences care about, championing the best of our local communities, telling powerful human-interest stories and covering everything from local politics to crime. You will have a journalism degree and ideally hold NCTJ qualifications and ideally have 100wpm shorthand or you may be beginning your career in journalism.
If you have a journalism degree that is not NCTJ-accredited, we will provide the relevant additional training for you to become a fully NCTJ-qualified journalist.
The successful candidate would be based at our office in Glasgow full-time and you will have an opportunity to have your stories in The Glasgow Times.
You will be:
- Brimming with ideas on how to help drive the Clydebank Post forward in print and online
- A digital native, with digital storytelling at the forefront of all you do
- Excellent at developing relationships with key contacts to improve coverage
- Driven to succeed using the digital analytics tools at your disposal
- A self-starter, brilliant with time management
Please send your CV along with a cover letter outlining why you’re the best person for the job. Applications will be reviewed as they are received so submit your details as soon as possible.
Newsquest Media Group is one of the UK’s largest newspaper and website publishers. As well as a competitive salary, we also offer generous benefits including:
- Contributory pension
- Perks and discounts at various retail outlets
- Opportunities for team building and training days
- 25 days’ paid holiday + statutory bank holidays + your birthday day off.
- Structured career progression, ongoing training, and personal performance reviews
- Discount vouchers
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Mental health support via Lifeworks
- Eye test vouchers plus £50 towards new glasses.
- Annual Volunteer Charity Day
Newsquest Media Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all community sections regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Our recruitment process will consist of various stages and activities, as part of our commitment to fairness to all applicants, we will take into account any adjustments that could help you.