British Journal of Community Nursing and British Journal of Neuroscience Nursing
Part-time (2.5 days a week)
This role involves editing, commissioning, and managing articles for the two journals, as well as other related tasks.
The British Journal of Community Nursing is the UK’s leading peer-reviewed journal for district and community nurses, containing the most up-to-date clinical coverage and research on primary care nursing. The journal publishes full-length features in every issue on topics such as long-term conditions, palliative care and care of the older person. The journal promotes excellence in clinical practice, with an emphasis on the sharing of expertise and innovation in district nursing. Articles are written by nurses from across the community nursing spectrum, and peer-reviewed by leading authorities in primary care to make sure that the journal addresses all aspects of the profession in a way that is relevant and useful in daily practice.
The British Journal of Neuroscience Nursing is the only journal in the UK dedicated specifically to neuroscience nursing. The journal publishes articles on all aspects of clinical practice in neuroscience nursing, including neurosurgery, critical care and long-term neurological conditions. It addresses both paediatric and adult care and endorses inter-professional working with members of the multidisciplinary team.
What is the opportunity?
- Sub-edit and proofread articles for the British Journal of Community Nursing and the British Journal of Neuroscience Nursing and be involved in the editorial process
- Commission high-quality articles and manage the peer-review process
- Manage and edit related supplements and journals
- Widen the visibility and press scope of the journals
- Commission high-quality articles from suggested authors.
- Write editorials or news focuses
- Produce submitted articles to the editorial policy
- Source illustrations and photographs
- Proofread and liaise with authors
- Advanced literacy skills
- Attention to detail
- Communication – able to coordinate closely with authors, reviewers and colleagues
- Enthusiasm to engage with news and discussion in the healthcare sector. This means being interested in the topic and being able to stay up-to-date on the latest developments
- Use initiative to solve problems.
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Manage workflows to consistently meet regular deadlines
We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion in the Mark Allen Group. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger.
If you feel you don’t meet every single requirement? Keep reading.
Studies have shown that women and people within ethnic minority groups are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At MAG we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles
Mark Allen Group consists of seven divisions: MA Healthcare, MA Business, MA Agriculture, MA Education, MA Exhibitions, MA Music Leisure & Travel, and MA Dentistry Media. Content is key to everything that we do, be it across print, digital, or events.
We’re not interested in fitting into what a media company is supposed to look like. We are not wallflowers. Our ever-expanding business has rapidly grown from its humble beginnings and we’re only just getting started….