As a senior member of The Impartial Reporter team, the Sports Editor edits, writes and commissions match reports, features, live output, news and opinion for both print and online.
- Writing and editing sports stories and attending matches for print and online
- Planning, commissioning and editing sports stories
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Liaising with freelance reporters and photographers on content, helping to shape the agenda in print and online
- Helping to drive subscriptions and engagement via The Impartial Reporter website and social media channels
- Keeping the Sports section on The Impartial Reporter website up-to-date and using our social media channels to promote our content
- Proven experience in writing and editing sports stories
- Experience in page production is essential
- Strong planning skills – experience in planning sports coverage across multiple platforms
- Capability to work well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- Broad knowledge of all Fermanagh and South Tyrone sports, including GAA, soccer, rugby and others.
- Understanding of social media
- Strong news sense and a broad contacts book are desirable.
- Experience in generating exclusive, original content
- Working on own initiative and as part of a team.
Newsquest Media Group is one of the UK’s largest newspaper and website publishers. As well as a competitive salary, we also offer generous benefits including:
- Contributory pension
- Perks and discounts at various retail outlets
- Opportunities for team building and training days
- 25 days’ paid holiday + statutory bank holidays + your birthday day off.
- Structured career progression, ongoing training, and personal performance reviews
- Discount Vouchers
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Mental Health Support via Lifeworks
- Eye test vouchers plus £50 towards new glasses.
- Annual Volunteer Charity Day
Newsquest Media Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all community sections regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. Our recruitment process will consist of various stages and activities, as part of our commitment to fairness to all applicants, we will take into account any adjustments that could help you.
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining why you’re the best person for the job. Applications will be reviewed as they are received so submit your details as soon as possible.