The Sun is seeking a Facebook video producer to join its expanding video department.
Your Role: You will be working in a team of producers and editors creating off-platform social video content – predominantly for The Sun’s Facebook Tik-Tok and YouTube pages.
Applicants should have experience of video editing with Adobe Premiere. Filming knowledge as well as experience with both content management systems and SEO tagging are advantageous. A deep understanding of what works well for The Sun and how to drive digital traffic and revenue is crucial.
Apply with your CV and a covering letter.
Day to day you will:
- Source, edit and upload video content for The Sun’s Social pages
- Manage the placement, order and timing of video clip publication on various content management systems
- Produce and write scripts for The Sun’s original programmes
- Pitch new formats
- Use data and analytics to make informed decisions about video content
- Work with the Video Discovery team to source the latest and most compelling viral video content
What we are looking for from you:
- Experience of video editing with Adobe Premiere
- Experience with filming, lighting and sound
- An ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines with rigorous accuracy
- Able to source and commission content that attracts digital audiences
- An understanding of video-driven revenue and content monetisation
- A deep knowledge of social media, SEO and online publishing
- Enthusiasm, imagination and a notebook full of ideas are all essential
- Being a self-starter is key – and you will need to thrive under the pressure of a busy newsroom
- Have a thorough knowledge of the IPSO Code of Conduct, media law and ethical considerations
We are News UK: One of the leading media businesses in the UK and Ireland. Our newsbrands include The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, The Sun on Sunday and The TLS. Our national broadcast brands include talkSPORT, Times Radio, TalkTV and Virgin Radio UK, and we have market-leading local radio stations across Ireland. Our world-famous brands provide news, analysis, opinion and entertainment to almost 40 million people each month. Spanning print and pixel, audio and video, events and experiences, our multiplatform brands are home to a plurality of opinion, representing the diverse communities we serve. News UK is wholly owned by News Corp.
Life at News
Driven by passion, guided by principles and acting with purpose. We represent, reflect and reach the nation, telling the stories that matter. We inform our audiences so that they can make decisions based on trusted information.
To do this, we believe our employees must represent different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Strategy, which focuses on three main priorities – attracting talent from a wider, more representative pool, developing equity programmes to drive better representation in our leadership, and ensuring diversity and inclusivity in our workforce as well as the journalism and content we produce. We also currently have 12 employee led networks and groups that support our strategy and connect like minded employees socially.
Some of our benefits include:
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access
- Private medical insurance including coverage for pre-existing conditions
- Discounted gym memberships, free ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual yoga classes
- ‘Bikes for Work’ and ‘Electric Car’ scheme
- Up to 60% discount on Harper Collins books
- Access to exclusive events and competitions with exciting brands such as talkSPORT, Virgin Radio UK & The Times. Weekly virtual panel chats with top journalists and celebrities
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as EAP, physio/massage and counselling
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and up to 4 volunteering days per year
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when applying for a role. Please let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.