Virgin Radio is the best place to work in the world, why wouldn’t you want to be part of it?
Broadcasting from the top of the News UK Building in London Bridge, Virgin Radio UK is the home of The Chris Evans Breakfast Show, The Graham Norton Radio Show and the Ricky Wilson Drive time show.
Virgin Radio UK is the home of Chris Evans at breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekends. Chris Evans returned to his spiritual home to present the breakfast show in 2019 with Graham Norton joining in 2021. Other stations in the network include Virgin Radio Anthems, playing Classic Tracks; Virgin Radio Chilled, with music to kick back to; Virgin Radio 80s Plus playing the best 80s music and the summer pop-up station, Virgin Radio Pride for the LGBTQI+ community.
We’re looking for a world class Social Media Producer to come and take our social channels to the next level. Reporting to the Social Media Editor, you’ll bring our shows to life on the timelines of our followers, and crucially, potential new listeners!
We are looking for a creative social media producer to produce lively, impactful social media content for Virgin Radio UK, working alongside the team on the Chris Evans Breakfast Show.
We want someone who lives and breathes social media and has a good understanding and passion for great radio. You will be the link between the station and its listeners, and help maintain a circular relationship between us and them!
Day to day you will:
- Create dynamic and engaging social media content, including video and images that showcases the best of our on-air moments and connects with our target audience.
- Be skilled at video, picture and other multimedia editing.
- Collaborate with radio producers and presenters on social-specific ideas and content, seeing them through from conception to delivery.
- Have a strong understanding of which content works best on all social media platforms, but predominantly YouTube, Facebook and X.
- Be comfortable working with and making content in a busy environment with big name celebrities, guests and presenters.
- Be comfortable accessing, reviewing and understanding social media analytics to guide best practice and to optimise content produced.
- Work closely with the wider Virgin Radio UK social media team, making sure targets and other key business KPIs are hit.
- Write accurate and engaging copy that grabs audience attention.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Experience in creating compelling, successful social media content on multiple platforms
- Strong Attention to detail
- Comfortable with unsociable hours, including early starts
- Passion for social trends, music, entertainment and social media and ready to deliver ideas
- Technical proficiency in multimedia technology including Adobe Creative Suite (in particular, Photoshop and Premiere Pro) to help with the fast turnaround of social content on a daily basis
- Proactive and motivated, with a willingness to take on any task
- Positive collaborative approach and excellent communication skills to be able to work in a busy studio environment
- Availability to work from our London Bridge studios
We are News Broadcasting: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio – home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020 Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Michael Portillo. In 2022 we launched TalkTV, a major new TV channel available to everyone across the UK, delivering a schedule of news, current affairs, entertainment and sport, with Piers Morgan in a primetime evening show.
Life at News: At News UK our people are our heartbeat – they are the driving force behind our brands and we want to enable people to thrive. Some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you would like. Many of us work in a hybrid way between one of the News UK & Ireland offices and remotely.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 11 employee-led networks.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. Some of what we offer includes:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
- Private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions
- Discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes
- ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as physio/massage and counselling
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing. Please let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
News UK is an official partner of the Journalism Diversity Fund, founder of the Journalism and Disability Forum, and proud member of the Valuable 500. At News UK, we will continue to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace, to help people with visible and non visible disabilities create careers in media and aim to make our content accessible to all.