Sky News is on a mission to be the best live, breaking and premium news broadcaster. We are fast becoming one of the largest, leading TikTok news accounts and the most sought after YouTube channel for breaking news and bespoke daily social live streams.
What you’ll do:
• Have a deep knowledge of our original journalism from the UK and around the world
• Understand how best to drive referrals to our own app/website
• Know what makes a great social post and smart digital video
• Have detailed knowledge of crafting and optimising social content for Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat and YouTube
• Have experience in setting up tailored livestreams on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook
• Have demonstrable experience of using insight from analytics tools to increase engagement and growth
• Be someone who takes pride in coming up with fresh ideas, for treatments or original stories
• Be a standout colleague who is comfortable working closely with other parts of the newsroom
• Be a digital native – and a passionate consumer of news on multiple platforms
• Know how to tell sophisticated stories in a clear and innovative way
What you’ll bring:
• Proven experience in posting content to news publishers’ social media accounts
• Excellent writing skills
• Demonstrable knowledge of media law (copyright, defamation etc)
• Deep understanding of how to drive referrals in line with critical metrics
• Flair for innovation and generating ideas
• Video editing skills are desirable (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, Avid or Quantel).
• Experience of commissioning graphics and a good knowledge of graphics programs (Photoshop/After Effects)
• A deep understanding of UK and global news
• Experience of working with a CMS
Sky News is a world-class news service with a spirit of innovation and a fresh approach to story-telling. Our aim is to be the best and most trusted place for news, reflecting the diversity of our audience. Made by people who dare to challenge. Made for people who want clarity in an uncertain world.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you’ll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We’ve adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You’ll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.