This role is an exciting opportunity for a Social Media Journalist to work in the Sky Sports Social Media team, focusing on commissioning, curating and publishing content to Sky Sports News accounts/channels, and Sky Sports’ main brand accounts across all social platforms.
The role also requires close collaboration with the wider social media team as well, the editorial and video teams in Sky Sports Digital as well as more widely with Sky Sports News and Sky Sports Content teams.
Reporting to a Social Media Output Editor, this is a key role that will ensure Sky Sports is the sports media brand of choice for U35s and diverse audiences, while creating revenue opportunities and continuing to add value to the Sky Sports subscription.
What you’ll do:
- Understand how to make content stand-out on each social platform, tailoring tone accordingly while remaining true to Sky Sports Social’s brand voice.
- Work closely with Content Production and Design team to commission social-first content for Sky Sports’ main brand accounts, including gfx, vertical video and thumbnail creation, where required.
- Lead on the output from all Sky Sports News accounts across all platforms, working closely with the Sky Sports News Production and Digital teams, to ensure content is published in a timely, accurate and consistent manner.
- Liaise with Community Management team to engage target audiences around our content on the channels you oversee and capitalise on trends, as well as facilitate and promote community engagement events around talent and athletes, including AMAs.
- Working closely with video production and editorial teams to make sure our social output is fully aligned with all output streams.
- Will cut and publish live news moments to multiple social platforms, and facilitate monetization opportunities on each social platform, including live streams.
- Demonstrate an understanding of editorial processes with a keen interest in developing own news judgement.
- Contribute new ideas and propositions to ensure the continued evolution of Sky Sports across social platforms.
- Maintain a good knowledge of current sporting issues, stories and rival publishers.
What you’ll bring:
- Understanding of social platforms, social video and the different ways new audiences consume content
- Experience of managing and publishing to sizable social media accounts and communities.
- Demonstrable passion and knowledge for all sports, specifically football, f1, cricket, golf, and tennis.
- An understanding of emerging platforms with a keen interest in technology and innovation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are mandatory
- Demonstrated experience working in a quick-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Highly motivated and creative
- A team player, believing in collaboration, adaptability and initiative
- Able to readily embrace new technology and change
- A strong work ethic and willingness to get involved in all aspects of the business when necessary
We deliver the most innovative and best Sports content experience to our customers across all platforms. We promote continuous innovation, driving value for our customers and high-quality output. Everyone is passionate about sport and proud of the work that they undertake both on screen and behind the scenes.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you’ll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We’ve adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You’ll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
We are a Disability Confident Accredited Employer, and welcome and encourage applications from all candidates. We will look to ensure a fair and consistent experience for all, and will make reasonable adjustments to support you where appropriate. Please flag any adjustments you need to your recruiter as early as you can.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.