Shoot / Editor – Freelance
Your role: You will be working on a range of varied projects across the business from shooting live news outside broadcasts to filming, editing and conceiving social content. Playing a crucial role in crafting visually stunning and compelling content that captivates our audience
Day to day you will:
- Conceptualise, shoot, and edit engaging multimedia content, including videos, interviews, and promotional material
- Bring stories to life through your lens and editing skills, ensuring the content resonates with our diverse audience
- Work closely with the editorial and creative teams to align visual content with the overall brand and messaging
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, adapting to changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Ensure the highest quality standards in all aspects of production, from filming to final editing
What we’re looking for from you:
- Must be flexible to work weekends and evenings
- Experience in shooting and editing, with a strong portfolio showcasing your diverse skills
- Expertise in industry-standard editing software (Adobe Creative Suite, Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects) and proficiency in use professional video equipment
- Knowledge and interest in current affairs
- A keen eye for detail, composition, and the ability to tell compelling visual stories
We are News UK: One of the leading media businesses in the UK and Ireland. Our newsbrands include The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, The Sun on Sunday and The TLS. Our national broadcast brands include talkSPORT, Times Radio, TalkTV and Virgin Radio UK, and we have market-leading local radio stations across Ireland. Our world-famous brands provide news, analysis, opinion and entertainment to almost 40 million people each month. Spanning print and pixel, audio and video, events and experiences, our multiplatform brands are home to a plurality of opinion, representing the diverse communities we serve. News UK is wholly owned by News Corp.
Life at News
Driven by passion, guided by principles and acting with purpose. We represent, reflect and reach the nation, telling the stories that matter. We inform our audiences so that they can make decisions based on trusted information.
To do this, we believe our employees must represent different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Strategy, which focuses on three main priorities – attracting talent from a wider, more representative pool, developing equity programmes to drive better representation in our leadership, and ensuring diversity and inclusivity in our workforce as well as the journalism and content we produce. We also currently have 12 employee led networks and groups that support our strategy and connect like minded employees socially.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when applying for a role. Please let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.