The Times is looking for a highly motivated SEO Journalist to assist with the development and delivery of an organic growth strategy for the Times Money Mentor website. Heading into its next stage of growth, Times Money Mentor is on a mission to become a household name and the go-to place for everything you never knew you needed to know about your finances.
Your Team: Times Money Mentor was launched December 2019 with the goal of helping everyone across the UK better understand their financial world and make the right decisions that will benefit them today and long into the future.
Since launching we have reached millions of people with our videos, articles and product ratings and are on a mission to reach many millions more. The Money Mentor website is an Editorial initiative and presents excellent opportunities to input directly into the wider Product and Editorial strategies.
Day-to-day: You will be gathering search trends and insights to inform new, high-quality content and content refreshes, optimising on-page furniture as well as taking part in longer term planning to shape the Money Mentor content strategy across digital, video, ecommerce and social for the future. You’ll turn data into content briefs and be working alongside the editor and writing team, as well as the ecommerce lead and ad manager, plus wider Insights team. You’ll work with social media and other audience development specialists to share information and react to trending topics.
You will need a passion for data and analytics as well as the ability to translate the numbers into actionable insights for editorial, product and the ecommerce teams, developing ways to grow our audience and deliver more traffic and conversions to ensure revenue growth. You will oversee on page SEO implementation, with support from the technical SEO team and key stakeholders around the business. You will regularly carry out competitor analysis and identify new opportunities and ways to optimise existing content plus work closely with the Partnerships Lead to define audience and influence strategy across key partnership projects.
What we are looking for from you:
- In-depth knowledge of on page SEO for publishers (on-page essential, technical a strong plus)
- Journalism experience/qualifications, ideally in the personal finance space
- Money / Personal finance sector experience preferred
- Data literate with ability to measure success across varying metrics
- Extracting insight from Google Trends, Search Console and various other tools to monitor and increase search rankings
- Using Google Analytics to monitor traffic
- Experience in turning search insights into content briefs
- Editing and writing experience
- Excellent communicator, Dynamic and entrepreneurial work style.
- Data-driven approach
- Effective project management and experience working with many stakeholders (Editorial, SEO/Audience/Commercial) to deliver strategy.
Life at News
Driven by passion, guided by principles and acting with purpose. We represent, reflect and reach the nation, telling the stories that matter. We inform our audiences so that they can make decisions based on trusted information.
To do this, we believe our employees must represent different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Strategy, which focuses on three main priorities – attracting talent from a wider, more representative pool, developing equity programmes to drive better representation in our leadership, and ensuring diversity and inclusivity in our workforce as well as the journalism and content we produce. We also currently have 12 employee led networks and groups that support our strategy and connect like minded employees socially.
Some of our benefits include:
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access
- Private medical insurance including coverage for pre-existing conditions
- Discounted gym memberships, free ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual yoga classes
- ‘Bikes for Work’ and ‘Electric Car’ scheme
- Up to 60% discount on Harper Collins books
- Access to exclusive events and competitions with exciting brands such as talkSPORT, Virgin Radio UK & The Times. Weekly virtual panel chats with top journalists and celebrities
- Access to wellbeing benefitssuch as EAP, physio/massage and counselling
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and up to 4 volunteering days per year
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when applying for a role. Please let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.