This role is for a Senior Producer – Sports, who will be responsible for leading one of three teams within the Social Media Publishing Hub, using their extensive knowledge of the social media ecosystem to oversee the publishing of market-leading social-first content.
The role requires close collaboration and communication with the Social Media Content Production and Design team, the Sky Sports Content teams and Sky Sports Digital and News, alongside the other areas with the Publishing Hub.
Reporting to the Head of Social Media & Audience Development, this is a pivotal role that will ensure Sky Sports becomes the sports media brand of choice for U35s and Female audiences, while creating revenue opportunities and supporting Sky Sports’ overarching business objectives.
- Plan and develop content and publishing strategies across all social media platforms, with a specific focus on sports specific accounts, working closely with the Senior Producer – Football & News.
- Work closely with the Directors of Content across Sky Sports and their teams to maintain best in class and consistent and accurate output across all social media platforms and accounts (outside of football and news) in-line with the overarching social media strategy.
- Come up with Social Media content plans for all major events in the sporting calendar, and commission the Content Production and Design team to create the required bespoke and social-first content across all social media platforms.
- Inspire and manage social media staff in your team to deliver against specific and clear KPIs to meet specific business objectives around audience and revenue, as well as wider overarching objectives.
- Work closely with cross-functional colleagues within Marketing, PR and Consumer Engagement to deliver publishing plans around specific campaigns across Sky Sports’ Social Media channels and accounts.
- Maintain knowledge of existing and emerging platforms and technologies and publishing trends in social media
- Oversee the delivery of monetizable content strategies across our social media channels that contribute to the overall P&L of Sky Sports social.
- Contribute new ideas and propositions to ensure the continued evolution of Sky Sports’ presence on social platforms.
- Maintain a good knowledge of how current sporting issues and stories are being told across the Social Media landscape that extends beyond what traditional media companies are creating, including influencers and creators.
- Support Sky and Sky Sports in the promotion of “Force for Good” initiatives.
- Leading a team of Social Media Journalists and Social Media Output Editors, directing them on what events to cover, and content to publish across a number of social platforms.
- Ensure all within your team understand and work in line with the Sky Purpose and Values, meet the highest content standards in the market, while complying to Sky Sports’ code of conduct.
- Create individual objectives and specific KPIs, motivate and lead the team to deliver against them.
- Influence the behaviour of others by leading by example both in terms of managing the delivery of world class content to our users and by demonstrating our Values and the Sky Leadership Behaviours.
- Raise performance by supporting and challenging people, building a fair and consistent performance and development culture across the department.
- Champion the concept of performance management throughout the department and encourage an environment of coaching and feedback.
- Align team members’ skill and knowledge levels with the present and future requirements of the business.
- Carry out annual and continuing performance reviews (PDPs) for members of the team responsible to them.
- Run a rota for your team that meets the demands of the Sky Sports sporting calendar to ensure consistent coverage of a wide range of sports in line with the overarching social media strategy for the wider team.
- Work within the agreed budget for the department
- Maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders and partner managers in social media companies to ensure mutually beneficially working practices.
- Work closely with video production and editorial teams within Sky Sports Digital and Sky Sports to ensure consistency of output.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with key personnel in Sky Media to ensure Social Media team is working towards meeting commercial revenue targets and exploiting all viable commercial opportunities.
- Ensure that lines of communication within and across departments are clear and workable.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Senior level experience of managing a team that produces social media content in sport, with proven track record in delivering KPIs
- Experience working within complex and multidimensional work environments, managing multiple stakeholders with different objectives.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of publishing sports content on social platforms, social video techniques and the different ways new audiences consume content
- An understanding of emerging platforms with a keen interest in technology and innovation
- Sports journalism experience and demonstrable experience in multimedia production.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing teams
- Good knowledge of video production and video production software
- Highly motivated and creative
- A team player, believing in collaboration, adaptability and initiative.
- Able to readily embrace new technology and change
- Demonstrated experience working in a quick-paced work environment with tight deadlines
- A calm, organised and methodical approach to work
- Knowledge of SLA and KPI requirements
- Ability to work well with staff at all levels to ensure goals are met
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are mandatory
- Must believe in teamwork, collaboration, adaptability and Initiative.
- Highly motivated, self-directed and influential
- A strong work ethic and a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the business when necessary
We deliver the most innovative and best Sports content experience to our customers across all platforms. We promote continuous innovation, driving value for our customers and high-quality output. Everyone is passionate about sport and proud of the work that they undertake both on screen and behind the scenes.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you’ll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We’ve adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You’ll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
We are a Disability Confident Accredited Employer, and welcome and encourage applications from all candidates. We will look to ensure a fair and consistent experience for all, and will make reasonable adjustments to support you where appropriate. Please flag any adjustments you need to your recruiter as early as you can.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.