The Senior Producer – News & Community will be responsible for leading one of three teams in the Social Media Publishing Hub. They will use their extensive knowledge of the social media ecosystem to oversee the publishing of market-leading social-first content as well as develop a community management strategy to engage and connect with Sky Sports’ audience and customers on social media in an ‘always on’ fashion.
Managing a team of community managers, social media journalists and Output Editors, you will set the agenda in all things related to community management, including listening out for relevant conversations and stimulate discussion on social media, replying to comments and inquiries, managing groups and organising and overseeing live events using features and products provided by social platforms, both audio and video.
You will also manage the output across all Sky Sports News social media channels, and Sky Sports’ main brand accounts across all social platforms.
This is a pivotal role reporting to the Head of Social Media and Audience Development with the News and Community Management team playing a key role in both the relationship between Sky Sports and its audience, and ensuring that Sky Sports’ news and Sky Sports brand accounts are market leading.
The role requires collaboration with all areas of the Social Media team, as well as and Sky Sports News Broadcast and Digital and News teams.
- Devise and implement a community management strategy across all social media platforms, that will engage our target audiences in new and innovative ways that build real connection with Sky Sports, through a unique brand tone.
- Plan and develop content and publishing strategies across all social media platforms, with a specific focus on Sky Sports’ news and main brand accounts, working closely with the Senior Producers for Sports and Football.
- Work closely with Sky Sports News Digital and Broadcast teams to maintain best in class and consistent and accurate output across Sky Sports’ news social media accounts, in-line with the overarching social media strategy.
- Implement strategy across all Sky Sports main brand accounts, that will showcase the best of content from across all Sky Sports social channels, as well as bespoke content, to reach new audiences.
- Inspire and manage your team to deliver against specific and clear KPIs to meet business objectives around audience and revenue, as well as wider overarching objectives.
- Ensure branded content is published in a timely and accurate manner across the Sky Sports main brand and news accounts, working closely with Sky Media to fulfil all obligations.
- Work closely with the Directors of Content across Sky Sports and their teams to leverage opportunities to give audiences across social the opportunity to engage and interact with key talent and athletes.
- Come up with community management-based ideas to promote hero events across · the sporting calendar, working closely with the wider Social Media team.
- Provide insight through social listening as to what audiences think and what they would like to see and create a framework for community managers within the team to be able to successfully engage with them.
- Maintain knowledge of existing and emerging platforms and technologies and community management and publishing trends in social media.
- Contribute new ideas and propositions with a focus on how to better engage audiences to ensure the continued evolution of Sky Sports’ presence on social platforms.
- Maintain a good knowledge of how current sporting issues and stories, with a focus on sports news, are being told across the Social Media landscape that extends beyond what traditional media companies are creating, including influencers and creators.
- Support Sky and Sky Sports in the promotion of “Force for Good” initiatives.
- Managing three community managers focused on fostering a positive and innovative relationship between Sky Sports and its vast audience across social media, with a focus on engaging U35s and female audiences.
- Leading a team of Social Media Journalists and Social Media Output Editors focusing specifically on News and Sky Sports’ brand accounts, directing them on what events to cover, and content to publish across all social platforms.
- Ensure all within your team understand their specific roles and how to meet company objectives, while always working in line with Sky’s Purpose and Values.
- Create individual objectives and specific KPIs, motivate and lead the team to deliver against them.
- Influence the behaviour of others by leading by example both in terms of managing the delivery of world class content to our users and by demonstrating our Values and the Sky Leadership Behaviours.
- Raise performance by supporting and challenging people, building a fair and consistent performance and development culture across the department.
- Champion the concept of performance management throughout the department and encourage an environment of coaching and feedback.
- Align team members’ skill and knowledge levels with the present and future requirements of the business.
- Carry out annual and continuing performance reviews (PDPs) for members of the team responsible to them.
- Run a rota for your team that meets the demands of the Sky Sports sporting calendar to ensure consistent coverage of a wide range of sports in line with the overarching social media strategy for the wider team.
- Work within the agreed budget for the department.
- Maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders and partner managers in social media companies to ensure mutually beneficially working practices.
- Work closely on a day-to-day basis the with Social Media Publishing Hub and Content Production and Design teams to align on strategies and tone of voice, where appropriate.
- Work closely with video production and editorial teams within Sky Sports Digital and Sky Sports to ensure consistency of output and support collective ambition to digital excellence.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with key personnel in Sky Media to ensure the Social Media team is working towards meeting commercial revenue targets and exploiting all viable commercial opportunities.
- Ensure that lines of communication within and across departments are clear and workable.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Senior level experience of managing a team in the Social Media space.
- Experience working within complex and multidimensional work environments, managing multiple stakeholders with different objectives.
- Significant sports experience within the Social Media space
- Attention to detail
- Ability to stay calm in pressurised situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisation skills
- Ability to Troubleshoot
- Highly motivated and creative
- A team player
- Able to readily embrace new technology
- Demonstrated experience working in a quick-paced work environment with tight deadlines
- A calm, organised and methodical approach to work
- Ability to work well with staff at all levels to ensure goals are met
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems through trouble shooting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are mandatory
- Must believe in teamwork, collaboration, adaptability and Initiative.
- Highly motivated, self-directed and influential
- A strong work ethic and a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the business when necessary.
We deliver the most innovative and best Sports content experience to our customers across all platforms. We promote continuous innovation, driving value for our customers and high-quality output. Everyone is passionate about sport and proud of the work that they undertake both on screen and behind the scenes.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you’ll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We’ve adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You’ll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
We are a Disability Confident Accredited Employer, and welcome and encourage applications from all candidates. We will look to ensure a fair and consistent experience for all, and will make reasonable adjustments to support you where appropriate. Please flag any adjustments you need to your recruiter as early as you can.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.