Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Sky News is launching a new primetime foreign affairs show The World hosted by lead news presenter Yalda Hakim, and we’re looking for an experienced Senior Producer to play a key role in creating content for TV and digital platforms from conception to delivery.
This is the opportunity for someone with proven journalistic abilities, enthusiasm for working across all platforms, energy, focus, teamwork, and the creativity to make our specialist international journalism world class.
Based in our Osterley and Millbank offices. Travel abroad – sometimes at very short notice – may be required.
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with Output Editor, Assistant Editor and Presenter to deliver top quality, original journalism.
- Produce and deliver specialist content that tells the stories of the day with flair, imagination and authority.
- Pitch and produce special reports optimised for television and our digital products.
- Play a key influencing role with TV and digital production staff to ensure we are making the most of our content across all platforms.
- Maintain a world-class network of contacts – with a track record of delivering news making interviews.
- Travel, sometimes at short notice when reacting to breaking news, including in hostile environments.
- Work flexibly around requirements of the news agenda.
- Develop and display relevant expertise and judgement on Global affairs.
- The ability to shoot and edit is not essential, but would be of benefit.
What you’ll bring:
- Successful track record as a television and/or digital news producer.
- Demonstrable experience of working alongside teams in a complex, fast-moving news environment.
- Ability to take control of dynamic situations and lead a team.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Communication skills and ability to form and develop contact networks.
- Experience of working alongside senior correspondents and presenters.
- Creative ability in relation to writing, storytelling and all-platform production.
- Evidence of editorial judgement, factual accuracy, and journalistic enterprise.
- Strong understanding of media law, compliance issues, and newsgathering in high risk environments.
Sky News is a world-class news service with a spirit of innovation and a fresh approach to story-telling. Our aim is to be the best and most trusted place for news, reflecting the diversity of our audience. Made by people who dare to challenge. Made for people who want clarity in an uncertain world.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
We are a Disability Confident Accredited Employer, and welcome and encourage applications from all candidates. We will look to ensure a fair and consistent experience for all, and will make reasonable adjustments to support you where appropriate. Please flag any adjustments you need to your recruiter as early as you can.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.