The Team: Events is an area of strategic importance to News UK. We currently deliver 200+ events per year delivering revenue to our business and significant value in terms of customer and client engagement.
Your role: You will be accountable for the delivery and execution of NUK events reporting to the Head of Event Production.
Key to this role is supporting our titles and bringing our brands to life, creating best-in-class content programmes supporting our editorial and marketing objectives.
The Senior Producer has the responsibility for all event execution that falls within their remit. Working closely with the whole News Live team, the Senior Producer will be required to maintain a high level of internal and external client satisfaction and meet KPIs agreed upon meeting the different stakeholder’s requirements.
Day to day you will:
- Work with Head of Event Production to define and develop our events proposition across titles, whilst delivering the best in-class customer experience
- Responsible for leading the planning and execution of larger events across the NewsUK portfolio including conferences, award shows, experiential events and meetings
- Identify and understand the different objectives across the business and be able to produce and deliver plans to meet these objectives
- Creation and development of your stakeholder’s event strategy, working closely with the internal stakeholders to deliver on budget on time
- Deliver on KPIs set by Commercial, Marketing and Editorial stakeholders and lead the delivery of these
- Produce and monitor financial forecasting, billing and processes, including a firm control of department spend and reconciliation
- Oversee stakeholder budgets, reporting on ROI
- Create event proposals as part of cross-platform responses to advertiser briefs
- Work with internal teams to gain support in what we deliver, making events work harder
- Identify stakeholder’s needs and challenges, gaining mutual trust and respect
- Ensure effective communication/project management from brief to post-campaign analysis
- Support the Head of Event Production in feeding into reports for the Director of Operations as and when required
- Promote and represent the events team across the business
- Customer data strategy – collecting data, customer feedback and delivering this information back into the business
What we are looking for from you:
- Proven background in events. You will have experience in delivering a high number of events at the same time with multiple objectives and KPIs
- Proven experience in leading a project team, overseeing recruitment and building a strong culture
- Ability to oversee the creation of content and programming
- Strong understanding of event marketing and audience engagement/customer experience
- Experience in working with sales and PR teams
- Knowledge of the logistics of putting on large scale events and experiential activity
- Strong research skills and the ability to digest new information quickly
- Experience in creating event strategies, business proposals and pitching
- Excellent communication skills
- Clear and confident in decision making
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to collaborate in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Problem solving skills
- Self motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Operationally focused with the ability to develop processes to drive productivity
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders with different objectives
- Travel, weekend and evening work required
- Passionate about the work you do, embracing every opportunity to do your best work
- Principled in the way you go about your role and the decisions you make
We are News UK: One of the leading media businesses in the UK and Ireland. Our newsbrands include The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, The Sun on Sunday and The TLS. Our national broadcast brands include talkSPORT, Times Radio, TalkTV and Virgin Radio UK, and we have market-leading local radio stations across Ireland. Our world-famous brands provide news, analysis, opinion and entertainment to almost 40 million people each month. Spanning print and pixel, audio and video, events and experiences, our multiplatform brands are home to a plurality of opinion, representing the diverse communities we serve. News UK is wholly owned by News Corp.
Life at News
Driven by passion, guided by principles and acting with purpose. We represent, reflect and reach the nation, telling the stories that matter. We inform our audiences so that they can make decisions based on trusted information.
To do this, we believe our employees must represent different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Strategy, which focuses on three main priorities – attracting talent from a wider, more representative pool, developing equity programmes to drive better representation in our leadership, and ensuring diversity and inclusivity in our workforce as well as the journalism and content we produce. We also currently have 12 employee led networks and groups that support our strategy and connect like minded employees socially.
Some of our benefits include:
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access
- Private medical insurance including coverage for pre-existing conditions
- Discounted gym memberships, free ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual yoga classes
- ‘Bikes for Work’ and ‘Electric Car’ scheme
- Up to 60% discount on Harper Collins books
- Access to exclusive events and competitions with exciting brands such as talkSPORT, Virgin Radio UK & The Times. Weekly virtual panel chats with top journalists and celebrities
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as EAP, physio/massage and counselling
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and up to 4 volunteering days per year
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when applying for a role. Please let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.