We are looking for an energetic, dynamic rugby writer to join Newsquest Scotland. You will be a talented wordsmith who is also comfortable using your multimedia skills to report on video. A deep knowledge of Scottish rugby will be essential as will a strong desire to make your mark on our industry with your talent, passion and creativity.
Ideally, you will have:
- A journalistic background or qualification. This is preferred but not essential
- A passion for multimedia and what it can add to the Scottish sports journalism landscape
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships within the rugby ecosystem
- Experience of podcasting or appearing on video and be at ease with doing both
- Ability to shoot and edit video and audio, especially on your phone with an app like iMovie
- A solid social media presence with a keen sense of how to shape our profiles on new and existing platforms
- A creative spark and bursting with energy to cover the sport in a fresh, exciting way that breaks the mould
- An interest in rugby tactics or data
- Knowledge of SEO and how it can help shape the success of your work
- Comfort with long-form writing and weaving an in-depth story on a broad canvas
Newsquest Media Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all community sections regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. Our recruitment process will consist of various stages and activities, as part of our commitment to fairness to all applicants, we will take into account any adjustments that could help you.
Please mention the NCTJ jobs board with applying.