Reporter – Worcester
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic journalist to join our Worcester newsroom.
We are constantly looking for the best stories to serve our growing digital audience – whether by interviewing people, responding to breaking news, attending court and public meetings or scouring social media.
The ideal candidate will be digitally talented and able to capture videos and images as well as write clean, accurate copy.
They will need to be familiar with a range of social media platforms and be able to use analytics to shape the news agenda.
Our reporters are expected to meet audience benchmarks, which means learning how to find a good story, how to tell it across different platforms and how to get it in front of more people through social media and via SEO.
Our reporters are out and about on the patch all of the time, so candidates need a full driving licence and their own transport.
This job would suit a trainee with a gold standard NCTJ and 100 words per minute shorthand or a qualified senior.
As part of Newsquest, you will join one of the biggest publishing companies in the UK. There is plenty of opportunity to develop your career across our titles, the Midlands and beyond.
We offer a competitive starting salary and benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays and your birthday day off!
- Contributory Pension
- Perks & Discounts at various retail outlets
- Opportunities for team building and training days
- Structured career progression, ongoing training, and personal performance reviews
- Discount Vouchers
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Mental Health Support via Lifeworks
- Eye test vouchers plus £50 towards new glasses.
- Annual Volunteer Charity Day
To be considered, please send your CV by clicking Apply Now. The deadline for applications is noon on Friday, August 11.