COMMS BUSINESS PORTFOLIO
Join our welcoming team as a Reporter at Mark Allen
Launched in 1999, Comms Business is the leading media brand covering the UK’s ICT Channel. You will be speaking with a network of companies that work together to bring information and communication technology (ICT) products and services to market.
This is a hybrid role, 3 days in the office, with a salary range of £27,000-£30,000 (DOE). We will provide on-the-job training where required so you feel fully supported. Free parking and subsidised coffee (Cafe Nero) onsite. Please note we are not within walking distance of a mainline station (Farnigham Road).
Ideally, you will have had some experience in B2B reporting.
- Assist our editor in publishing news, opinion pieces, interviews and other written articles across Comms Business magazine, website and other supplementary platforms.
- Write and submit articles supporting our editorial style with guidance from the team.
- Work closely with the commercial team to ensure that advertisers are contacted regularly by e-mail and telephone call advising of editorial opportunities they might like to submit for consideration; and how they might submit them in the correct manner, so as to fit with the editorial style and quality expected.
- Attend meetings with advertisers and/or the commercial team when possible. Minimum 2 per month.
- Deliver and host commercial (paid-for) podcast/video interviews and webinars upon request.
- Attend and write about industry and advertiser events agreed by our Editor
- Attend and represent Comms Business-related events as required.
We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion in the Mark Allen Group. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger.
If you feel you don’t meet every single requirement? Keep reading.
Studies have shown that women and people within ethnic minority groups are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every qualification. At MAG we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles
Mark Allen Group has eight divisions: MA Healthcare, MA Business, MA Agriculture, MA Education, MA Exhibitions, MA Music Leisure & Travel, and MA Dentistry Media. Content is key to everything that we do, be it across print, digital, or events.
We’re not interested in fitting into what a media company is supposed to look like. We are not wallflowers. Our ever-expanding business has rapidly grown from its humble beginnings and we’re only just getting started….