Are you an ambitious journalist with news writing experience looking to advance your career on a well-established and market-leading B2B magazine in HR?
The team is excited to welcome a Reporter to join our five-strong, hybrid working editorial team in London on the award-winning, highly respected HR MAGAZINE. We offer a salary of up to £27,000 – £29,000 plus benefits.
Knowledge of HR is not essential, but a desire to learn about this continuously evolving sector is. However, the key element of the role is, unsurprisingly, writing news. It will be your responsibility to generate off-diary news stories, create an impressive contact base in the industry and, ultimately, manage a number of magazine and website sections.
To give you an idea of how this Reporter role would look and feel, here are some of the things you can expect :
Unsurprisingly, the key element of the role is writing news and it is your prime responsibility to follow up PR and generate off-diary news stories. You’ll need the confidence and versatility to interview senior HR directors from global giants and industry experts. You’ll also need plenty of energy and an insatiable appetite to be the first to know about the biggest trends impacting the sector. As well as being one of the brand’s key news contact, you are expected to be able to turn your hand to analysis and feature writing with equal aplomb and be prepared to establish a reputation as someone in the know. As part of the role, you will also be expected to generate ideas for in-depth articles on a regular basis.
- Working closely with the editor and editorial team to develop a strong news agenda for the HR brand, in both print and digital formats
- Writing clear, concise, and well-researched news stories to the highest standard
- Writing, on occasion, in-depth news analysis, and feature articles
- Hitting deadlines, day in, day out
- Researching and analysing information about newsworthy events, evaluating news leads and news tips to develop story ideas
- Confidently conducting interviews with senior industry professionals
- Developing an extensive contact base in the sector
- Being a brand ambassador for HR at events and conferences
- Sourcing images to support news articles
- Uploading articles to CMS
- Exhibiting a keen eye for detail and fact-checking
- Managing specific magazine and website sections
- Exhibiting strong computer software knowledge (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Google Analytics, and social media platforms is desirable but not essential
All applicants must demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion in the Mark Allen Group. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger.
If you feel you don’t meet every single requirement? Keep reading.
Studies have shown that women and people within ethnic minority groups are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At MAG we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles
Mark Allen Group has seven divisions: MA Agriculture, MA Business, MA Dentistry Media, MA Education & Music, MA Exhibitions, MA Financial Media, and MA Healthcare
Content is key to everything that we do, be it across print, digital, or events.
We’re not interested in fitting into what a media company is supposed to look like. We are not wallflowers. Our ever-expanding business has rapidly grown from its humble beginnings and we’re only just getting started….