Job Title: Regional Print Production Editor
Newsquest Southern Region
The role offers remote working, or the successful candidate can be based in our newsrooms in the Southern region.
- To manage the team of regional Print ACEs and ensure the production of newspapers, magazines and any other publications are of the highest quality.
- To create and manage the department rota and ensure all the shifts are covered to produce the print products at the highest standard possible.
- To embrace all new advances and ways of working through technology such as “autopublishing” to achieve the most efficient workflow to produce our print titles.
- To develop and improve the design and content of our newspaper titles, magazines and any other publications as required working closely with the relevant Editors.
- To be responsible for the continuing development of our print titles and ensure the highest standard of design, layout and content use with particular focus on front pages
- To produce newspapers and any other publication as necessary in accordance with the prevailing company style and policy.
- To ensure the content of these publications is accurate and balanced and in tune with the communities in which they circulate.
- To undertake any necessary company training which will enhance your skills and improve the quality of the print publications
- To meet daily and weekly deadlines for print titles across your region.
- To work weekends, evenings, public holidays and at any other time as necessary as part of a departmental rota or as required.
- To be aware of and understand the company policy relating to design and style and then ensure that policy is being met at all times.
- To attend formal reviews when necessary.
- To develop your technological knowledge to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of systems, including innovations as they occur.
- Ensure you are familiar with all technology related to the business.
- To be fully aware of the company’s code of conduct and to maintain that code at all times.
- To remain sensitive to headline writing at all times.
- To ensure you keep abreast of legal implications and to attend legal updates when necessary.
- To be aware of, understand and implement the editorial production policy.
- To ensure you adhere to the company’s subbing style.
- To liaise with other departments including planning, advertising, newspaper sales and marketing and any others when necessary.
- To be aware of and observe the law as applied to newspapers, publications and websites, and never to inject personal opinion into stories, captions and headlines.
- To meet as necessary with Editors to discuss the quality of work.
- To understand and to abide by the IPSO Code of Practice.
Newsquest is one of the UK’s biggest newspaper and website publishers. We can offer a competitive salary and benefits including:
- Contributory Pension
- Perks & Discounts at various retail outlets
- Opportunities for team building and training days
- 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays + your birthday day off.
- Structured career progression, ongoing training, and personal performance reviews
- Discount Vouchers
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Mental Health Support via Lifeworks
- Eye test vouchers plus £50 towards new glasses.
- Annual Volunteer Charity Day
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a cover letter identifying why you feel this role is for you.
Newsquest Media Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all community sections regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. Our recruitment process will consist of various stages and activities, as part of our commitment to fairness to all applicants, we will take into account any adjustments that could help you.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to by clicking apply now.
Closing date is January 31, 2024