Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Working with the radio team in Sky News’ non-stop newsroom, you will be an excellent broadcaster who can write engaging radio news copy and cues, edit audio, and compile and read live timed bulletins for millions of listeners on commercial radio and on demand platforms
What you’ll do:
- Broadcast live timed news bulletins
- Write radio news copy and cues, edit audio, build news bulletins and content for on-demand audio platforms.
- Make sense of complicated stories by writing engaging copy
- Contribute story ideas, angles and treatments for all our audio output
- Arrange and carry out interviews
- Demonstrate strong editorial judgement
- Work a shift pattern which includes weekends and overnights
- Work closely with all Sky News platforms
- Liaise with our client radio stations and external partners
What you’ll bring:
- An excellent broadcasting voice
- Ability to write clear, concise radio scripts
- Experience working as a broadcast journalist in a fast-paced editorial environment
- Firm grasp of national and international news and current affairs
- Ability to develop news stories as part of a 24-hour news operation
- Solid radio production experience
- An understanding and appreciation of media law and compliance
- All applications MUST be accompanied by an audio demo.
Sky News is a world-class news service with a spirit of innovation and a fresh approach to story-telling. Our aim is to be the best and most trusted place for news, reflecting the diversity of our audience. Made by people who dare to challenge. Made for people who want clarity in an uncertain world.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you’ll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We’ve adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You’ll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
We are a Disability Confident Accredited Employer, and welcome and encourage applications from all candidates. We will look to ensure a fair and consistent experience for all, and will make reasonable adjustments to support you where appropriate. Please flag any adjustments you need to your recruiter as early as you can.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.