Newsquest is looking for a hard-working Production Journalist with an eye for detail to join our West Scotland production team.
The right candidate will be working as part of our West Scotland production hub, focusing on titles including award-winning daily title Greenock Telegraph and local news brands like the Ardrossan and Saltcoats Herald and the Helensburgh Advertiser. Accuracy and diligence will be key, using knowledge of grammar, current affairs and our readership to produce the daily and weekly print editions as well as copy-checking digital stories.
This role will involve sub-editing and proofreading content both in print and online as well as page design using Adobe InDesign.
This role will involve working with a talented production team and alongside editors and reporters, to ensure our titles are complete by the print deadline and that their contents meet the high standard expected from our readership, in print and online.
- To work on the production of daily and weekly regional and local news titles and any supplements we produce, ensuring they are of the highest quality
- To ensure content is accurate and in tune with our audience
- To redesign print pages in a way that will give our content the optimal showing
- To rewrite copy to ensure it is correct for style and grammar
- To undertake training which will enhance your skills and improve the quality of the print publications and digital skills
- To meet daily and weekly deadlines for our titles
- To work weekends, evenings, public holidays and at any other time as necessary as part of a departmental rota or as required
- To follow our house style for news copy
- Ensure you keep abreast of legal implications and attend legal updates when necessary
- To be responsible for the pages in print and digital duties assigned to you
Newsquest Media Group is one of the UK’s largest newspaper and website publishers. As well as a competitive salary, we also offer generous benefits including:
- Contributory pension
- Perks and discounts at various retail outlets
- Opportunities for team building and training days
- 25 days’ paid holiday + statutory bank holidays + your birthday day off.
- Structured career progression, ongoing training, and personal performance reviews
- Discount Vouchers
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Mental Health Support via Telus
- Eye test vouchers plus £50 towards new glasses.
- Annual Volunteer Charity Day
Newsquest Media Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all community sections regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Our recruitment process will consist of various stages and activities, as part of our commitment to fairness to all applicants, we will take into account any adjustments that could help you.
Applications close on October 25th