Producer, Breakfast Show – 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
TalkTV: The latest innovation from News UK, TalkTV launched on 25 April 2022 creating a major new channel, available to everyone across the UK and delivering a bold new voice in current affairs, debate and opinion. Piers Morgan, one of the most recognisable broadcasters in the world, is the first signing for TalkTV, delivering Piers Morgan Uncensored, a primetime show which promises to be a fearless forum for lively debate and agenda-setting interviews. Award-winning journalist and broadcaster Tom Newton Dunn provides straight and balanced news with The News Desk. And the legendary Sharon Osbourne is just one of the famous faces discussing the day’s issues on The Talk. Drawing together world-class talent across News UK, TalkTV broadcasts from state-of-the-art studios at The News Building in London Bridge and available live or on-demand, on linear and connected TV and on any personal device. TalkTV broadcasts 24/7 on Sky Channel 526, Virgin Media Channel 627, Freeview Channel 237 and Freesat Channel 217, as well as via connected TV services, smart devices, the TalkTV app and at talk.tv.
TalkTV is looking for a talented and experienced television producer with a passion for news and current affairs, an abundance of brilliant ideas and meticulous attention to detail. You will be part of the editorial team for the network’s brand new breakfast show.
Day to day you will:
- Assist in the creation of the daily breakfast show, producing items
- Work closely with reporters and Senior Producers to take ownership of stories
- Pitch and contribute story ideas, suggest guests or topics
- Book guests and write briefs
- Brief guests, reporters, camera operators and presenters
- As required plan stories for broadcast and future programs
- Select and edit video content and soundbites for output
- Conceive, write and execute graphics
- Source pictures and stills
- Supervise and oversee researchers on the team
What we’re looking for from you:
- A strong understanding and passion for current affairs
- High-quality news judgement, good initiative, a self-starter
- Highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail around often complex and controversial material
- An understanding of media law and ofcom regulations and how they apply day-to-day
- Excellent ability to spot the best pictures and produce the most creative and graphics to make stories the most visually engaging they can be
- Knowledge of editing and newsroom software – particularly iNEWS and AVID
- The ability to remain calm under the pressure of tight deadlines and producing live TV
- Experience of either working in a busy TV newsroom and/or on a live program
- The ability to adapt and be flexible in both the task and the role
- The role will require shift work, including unsociable hours, and some weekends.
We are News Broadcasting: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio – home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020 Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Michael Portillo. In 2022 we launched TalkTV, a major new TV channel available to everyone across the UK, delivering a schedule of news, current affairs, entertainment and sport, with Piers Morgan in a primetime evening show.
Life at News: At News UK our people are our heartbeat – they are the driving force behind our brands and we want to enable people to thrive. Some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you would like. Many of us work in a hybrid way between one of the News UK & Ireland offices and remotely.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 11 employee-led networks.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. Some of what we offer includes:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
- Private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions
- Discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes
- ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as physio/massage and counselling
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing. Please let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
News UK is an official partner of the Journalism Diversity Fund, founder of the Journalism and Disability Forum, and proud member of the Valuable 500. At News UK, we will continue to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace, to help people with visible and non visible disabilities create careers in media and aim to make our content accessible to all.