Sky News is inviting applicants for the role of Planning Producer. Our Planning Producers are multi-skilled individuals who help drive the news agenda for tomorrow and beyond. They are at the centre of organising and creating the very best content for all platforms by harnessing our newsgathering strength. It’s a role for a journalist with both production skills and newsgathering skills. You need strong editorial judgement and a commitment to high quality journalism.
What you’ll do:
- Support the planning operation which drives next day and future coverage of home news coverage throughout the UK
- Planning coverage of news stories including filming and interviews with an emphasis on strong storytelling and original journalism, as well as quality coverage of landmark stories and events.
- Working alongside Correspondents to deliver first class coverage for digital and television platforms
- At all times, playing a key liaison role in ensuring newsroom operations are joined up and collaborative across all Sky News platforms.
- Help develop and drive original home news journalism.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong editorial judgement and evidence of journalistic enterprise
- Demonstrable experience of decision-making about news coverage
- First class communication skills
- Understanding of the ever-changing media landscape and the requirements of cross-platform news delivery.
- Demonstrable ability to develop and deliver creative ideas.
- Good understanding of media law and compliance issues.
Sky News is a world-class news service with a spirit of innovation and a fresh approach to story-telling. Our aim is to be the best and most trusted place for news, reflecting the diversity of our audience. Made by people who dare to challenge. Made for people who want clarity in an uncertain world.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you’ll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We’ve adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You’ll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
We are a Disability Confident Accredited Employer, and welcome and encourage applications from all candidates. We will look to ensure a fair and consistent experience for all, and will make reasonable adjustments to support you where appropriate. Please flag any adjustments you need to your recruiter as early as you can.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.