We have an opportunity for a writer to join our commercial content team on a part-time basis, offering 22.5 hours per week. Working across Newsquest’s titles in the Eastern Counties, including the Eastern Daily Press and East Anglian Daily Times, the candidate will need to produce inspiring and informative content for our newspapers and websites, while also meeting the needs of clients.
The commercial content team writes on a broad range of topics, covering everything from property and education, to care homes and business. The content is mostly client-led, so you will need to have excellent commercial acumen and client-facing communication skills.
The projects and topics you produce often need a quick reactive turnaround, so you will need to enjoy working in a deadline-focused environment.
Our ideal candidate will also be someone who can generate new ideas, work well with our commercial teams and yet be assertive and tenacious enough to achieve interesting content that our readers will enjoy.
To create content for our clients you will need to have good interviewing skills and be able to draw out interesting facts. This will mainly be over the phone, occasionally face-to-face.
The successful applicant will be based at our Norwich office, with the option for agile working to combine working from home and in the office.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong writing skills/experience
- Good commercial awareness
- NCTJ Journalist degree or equivalent
- Digital/SEO knowledge
- Ability to produce new ideas
- Client-facing experience
- Great teamworking skills
- Ability to drive to meet clients
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary up to £22,935 (pro rata)
- Contributory Pension
- Perks & Discounts with numerous retailers and organisations
- Opportunities for team building and training days
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays + your birthday day off! (pro rata)
- Ongoing training, and personal performance reviews
- Discount Vouchers
- Discounted Gym membership
- Mental Health Support via Lifeworks
- Eye test vouchers plus £50 towards new glasses.
- Annual Volunteer – Charity Day.
Newsquest Media Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all community sections regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. Our recruitment process will consist of various stages and activities, as part of our commitment to fairness to all applicants, we will take into account any adjustments that could help you.