It’s a key role central to the TV output and a great opportunity to work across all programmes from Breakfast to News at Ten.
What you’ll do:
- Work under guidance from Output Editors and Assistant Editors to produce engaging and up-to-the-minute TV news reports and sequences.
- Write news scripts for presenters, put news packages together and cut video
- Commission and deliver creative visual graphic treatments
- Work with correspondents and presenters to structure news and guest segments
- Initiate innovative story treatments to develop our multi-platform journalism.
- Maintain a good knowledge of current news stories and have suggestions for coverage
What you’ll bring:
- Highly motivated and creative
- Experience producing outstanding news content
- Significant newsroom experience
- Excellent TV production skills
- Strong editorial background in news
- A team player, believing in collaboration, adaptability and initiative
- Able to readily embrace new technology and change
- Demonstrated experience working in a quick-paced environment with tight deadlines
- A calm, detailed and methodical approach with impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work well with staff at all levels
There are multiple vacancies – Permanent and Fixed Term Contracts
Sky News is a world-class news service with a spirit of innovation and a fresh approach to story-telling. Our aim is to be the best and most trusted place for news, reflecting the diversity of our audience. Made by people who dare to challenge. Made for people who want clarity in an uncertain world.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you’ll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We’ve adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You’ll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
We are a Disability Confident Accredited Employer, and welcome and encourage applications from all candidates. We will look to ensure a fair and consistent experience for all, and will make reasonable adjustments to support you where appropriate. Please flag any adjustments you need to your recruiter as early as you can.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.