Newsletters are key to the FT’s strategy – building up habits, leading to traffic, retaining our subscribers, and acquiring new ones. As we expand our portfolio, we are looking for a writer and editor to join our newsletter team. In this role you’ll be writing, editing, producing and promoting our newsletters.
You’ll be adept at building relationships across the newsroom, have excellent digital and analytical skills, and be confident writing, curating and editing high-quality content. You’ll understand the medium of email, bring ideas for how to develop its growth and impact as a form of journalism, be aware of newsletter industry trends, and enjoy connecting with readers. You will also have a good eye for a fine subject line. An interest and expertise in economics, politics and financial markets would be particularly useful.
- Writing, editing, curating and producing a variety of newsletters, covering economics, politics, business and finance
- Optimising a selection of FT newsletters using data to inform your decisions
- Helping us to grow our newsletter audience and working with the audience engagement team to promote the newsletters for which you have responsibility
- Filling in for other newsletter editors and writers when the occasion arises
- Working collaboratively with other members of the newsletter team and cross-functionally with other departments to develop and execute the FT’s newsletter strategy
- A passion for, and experience of, newsletters
- Excellent editing, writing and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- An interest in, and experience of working with, data to inform editorial decisions
- Experience in digital production
- Excellent communication skills and experience working collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
Please submit your application by the end of the day, Friday 23rd February 2024.
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
How we work
Our hybrid setup means staff are expected to come into the office 3 days a week.
Our office is located across the street from St. Paul’s Cathedral and is easily accessible from all corners of London. There are the main train terminals such as Liverpool Street, Moorgate, Blackfriars, City Thameslink or Waterloo all situated within walking distance or there are several tube stations within a few mins walk such as Mansion House (District or Circle line), St. Paul’s (Central line), Bank (Central or Waterloo & City line) or Barbican (Central, Hammersmith & City or Metropolitan lines).
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will be happy to help.
About the Financial Times
The FT has an uncompromising mission: delivering independent, quality information, news and services to individuals and companies around the globe. It’s the cornerstone of our reputation and the heart of our ambitions for the future. But for our people, the FT offers so much more than what we do. FT people come from all kinds of backgrounds and work across a huge range of disciplines and locations, and find an empowering, warm and welcoming culture that values curiosity and rewards smart, ambitious thinking. Those who are willing to unite around our mission and live our values will find plenty to challenge, inspire and interest them. Like the audiences we serve, no two FT people are the same; but together we help our audience be better informed and understand the world around them. It’s a job that’s never mattered more, and a career that can take you anywhere you want to go.