Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Politics Editor will be a key member of the Sky News Westminster newsgathering team reporting on the big political stories of the day, as well as generating original and exclusive content for all Sky News platform.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and recognise the key political stories of the day and work with sky news platforms to deliver a coverage plan
- Ensure that we are quick to break political stories accurately into Sky’s multi-platform output
- Work with Sky News correspondents on TV packages and online stories
- Coordinate with external stakeholders including the UK pool and political parties
- Cultivate political contacts in order to break news lines
- Work with production teams to help move stories on and establish facts
What you’ll bring:
- A keen eye for political stories
- An enthusiastic multi-platform approach to newsgathering
- Great communication skills both verbal and written.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Energy and enthusiasm
- A great contact book
Sky News is a world-class news service with a spirit of innovation and a fresh approach to story-telling. Our aim is to be the best and most trusted place for news, reflecting the diversity of our audience. Made by people who dare to challenge. Made for people who want clarity in an uncertain world.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you’ll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We’ve adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You’ll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base:
London Millbank, Westminster
At Sky, we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more passionate about who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
We are a Disability Confident Accredited Employer, and welcome and encourage applications from all candidates. We will look to ensure a fair and consistent experience for all, and will make reasonable adjustments to support you where appropriate. Please flag any adjustments you need to your recruiter as early as you can.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.