Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We have an exciting opportunity for a field producer to join the Sky News Middle East bureau in January 2024.
The successful candidate will be an experienced travelling producer with substantial experience in the region.
It’s a vital role in the Sky News international network, helping to deliver the very best content to audiences on our digital services and on TV.
What you’ll do:
Help deliver coverage from across the Middle East on all Sky News platforms, both TV and digital.
Reporting to the Head of International News, you’ll be expected to contribute to award-winning coverage in varying forms.
• Producing continuing coverage in written, audio and visual form
• Regular travel, often at short notice when reacting to breaking news.
• Delivering exclusive and agenda-setting stories from across the region.
• Working with bureau colleagues to choose stories and decide editorial approaches.
• Investing in long form and other innovative broadcast and digital formats.
• Representing Sky News with key regional contacts
• Developing and displaying relevant expertise on Middle Eastern politics, society and culture.
• Playing a key influencing role with TV and digital production staff to ensure we are making the most of our content across all platforms.
• Briefing senior colleagues on plans and developments.
• Irregular working hours
What you’ll bring:
• Abundance of contacts and an established network within the Middle East.
• Successful track record as a TV news field producer.
• Substantial experience of digital news production.
• Demonstrable experience of working in hostile environments and conflict zones.
• Evidence of editorial judgement, factual accuracy, and journalistic enterprise.
• Ability in, or willingness to learn, regional languages. Working knowledge of Arabic is desirable.
• Knowledge and expertise in Middle Eastern politics, society and culture.
• Excellent appreciation of the ever-changing media world and requirements of cross- platform news delivery for a range of audiences.
• The ability to find news from a diverse range of sources.
• Strong planning, organisational and logistical skills.
• First class communication skills.
• Strong understanding of media law and UK compliance regulations.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, which is why we’ve adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility. You’ll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
We are a Disability Confident Accredited Employer, and welcome and encourage applications from all candidates. We will look to ensure a fair and consistent experience for all, and will make reasonable adjustments to support you where appropriate. Please flag any adjustments you need to your recruiter as early as you can.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.