What’s the role?
The LIVE Team is committed to breaking the news that our audiences truly care about right now – from the big dramatic events to the local stories creating chatter.
You’ll be fast, you’ll be first, you’ll be accurate.
Resourcefulness, an eye for a good story and the adrenaline rush of breaking news are all essential in these exciting new roles.
What will I do?
You’ll capture the stories that the people of Suffolk and Norfolk want and need to hear, first.
Working in a small team in our Ipswich newsroom, you’ll be focused on breaking news, first, fast and accurate.
You’ll respond to major breaking events, capturing what’s happening quickly.
Using your excellent search skills, you’ll be able to create must-read stories from the chatter and buzz happening within our communities.
What skills do I need?
Background in content
- Experience in digital content
- A real nose for what people care about right now
- Quick thinker – fast and accurate writer
- Passion to grow the LIVE brand and engage with the local community
- Strong awareness of legal compliance around content
- You’ll thrive in a fast-paced working environment and can work quickly without letting errors slip through.
- With a good eye for trends, you’ll spot the high-performing stories that will capture our readers.
What makes it a great job?
Variety – every day is different
Building relationships and seeing your stories capture the attention of the community.
Solving challenges. Never a dull moment!
Where will I work?
This full-time role is working from our office in Ipswich. You’ll work a shift-based system from 6 am to 11 pm, and weekends, on a rota basis.
Newsquest is one of the UK’s biggest newspaper and website publishers. We can offer a competitive salary and benefits including:
- Contributory Pension
- Perks & Discounts at various retail outlets
- Opportunities for team building and training days
- 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays + your birthday day off.
- Structured career progression, ongoing training, and personal performance reviews
- Discount Vouchers
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Mental Health Support via Lifeworks
- Eye test vouchers plus £50 towards new glasses.
- Annual Volunteer Charity Day
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations, please submit your CV with a cover letter identifying why you feel this role is for you.
Newsquest Media Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all community sections regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. Our recruitment process will consist of various stages and activities, as part of our commitment to fairness to all applicants, we will consider any adjustments that could help you.