Fifth Ring is a global player in B2B Marketing and Communications. We devise inspiring creative work for our enviable client base across Europe, Asia, North America and Australia, working across the Energy, Engineering, Tech, Manufacturing, Automotive, Training, Education, Marine, Agri Tech and Professional Services sectors. From our offices in Aberdeen, Houston and Singapore, our teams work with our clients to ensure our solutions deliver tangible, valuable and business enhancing outcomes.
Within this role as the Junior Copywriter across Fifth Ring’s agencies you will have involvement in a range of areas including:
Devising creative ideas, concepts and copy that not only fits the brief, but is persuasive, engaging, and interesting to read. Carrying out research on products/services/topics, understanding target audiences and subsequently producing and presenting a range of creative options across all mediums. You will be monitoring the effectiveness of copy across various platforms and using the date from these reports to build on future campaigns. You will work with our Art Directors, overseen by the Creative Director to create copy and copy-driven concepts for campaigns as well as message hierarchies for brand projects. You will ensure initial campaign concepts are consistently applied to multi-channel touchpoints across multiple assets. You enjoy the scope in this role to work across all platforms and mediums, from direct mail and ambient to digital mediums.
As a Junior Copywriter within the team you will be working closely with our Art Directors (Senior & Junior), Creative Director (Line Manager), Traffic Manager, Brand & Strategy team, Reach team and our Global teams. You will also closely work with our multi-national client base, gaining exposure to different cultures and ways of thinking.
- Devising creative ideas, concepts and copy that fit the brief
- Carrying out research on products/services/topics and understanding their target audience
- Writing copy that is persuasive, engaging, and interesting to read
- Producing and presenting a range of content options
- Ensuring all content is ‘on brand’
- You will be able to understand creative briefs, single-minded propositions and identify technical details. You will be able to flag any potential issues at an early stage and work to ensure a common understanding can be reached
- You will focus on efficiency and discover ways to automate your workflow, wherever there is an opportunity.
Key Knowledge you Will Bring to this Role:
- You will be comfortable working across digital channels – creating an array of ideas for social media or creating copy or writing scripts for video for sharing on social channels.
- You will be able to follow guidance from the creative director to ensure fully integrated, consistent, and effective campaigns. You will understand the importance of work being ‘on-brand’ and be able to understand and follow corporate guidelines.
- You will be confident using Word, Power Point. Some experience and understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, XD) as well as Canva and Figma and all aspects of social graphics workflow automation.
- Skills in basic video editing or After Effects will be seen as advantageous.
- Touch typing and/or copywriting skills are not essential but would be viewed as beneficial.
Your experience and skillset you will bring to this role:
- Communication skills: As well as working within the creative team, you will work as a true partner with other departments across the business, such as the Reach team, the Brand and Strategy team, and other designers and developers.
- Time management: You will understand the importance of deadlines and be able to prioritise and manage your workload accordingly (with support from the Traffic Manager).
- Accuracy and diligence; You will have an eye for detail and accuracy. You will always double-check your work for errors. You will always understand the importance of work being signed off prior to external distribution.
- You will constantly seek ‘best practice’ methods for automating your work in the production of campaign assets.
- You will be able to think differently, not content on cracking the same projects in the same way every time
- You will understand the fundamentals of good, creative copywriting, design, branding and advertising.
- Ideally you will have some experience working as part of a creative team (or independently) from an integrated agency environment.
- Basic experience and understanding of how to deliver comms in the modern omni-channel world is essential.
- Knowledge and experience in delivering campaigns on social media is advantageous.
- You will be up to speed on the latest development in social media.
- Experience in the B2B marketing environment is not necessary but would be ideal.
In addition to these technical skills we are looking for you to bring your personal characteristics to the role. These include the ability to work as a part of a team but also under your own initiative. You will take pride in the accuracy and detail of your work. You will have a strong understanding of social media and best practices for your campaigns to be successful and you will also bring your creative flair to this role.
We’re looking for a bright person that can inject life into every project they undertake. We’re a firm believer in everyone in the agency enjoying what they do. When you enjoy creating work, you can see it in the work. And so do our clients. And so do their customers.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Aberdeen Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, gym discount, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
Fifth Ring is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.