Do you love football? Do you have a great understanding of what content football fans want and when they want it? Are you driven by getting your story in front of thousands of people?
If so, we have a great opportunity within National World on one of our established brands.
We have a vacancy at National World within the Sport vertical working across the Edinburgh Evening News covering Hibs.
You will be tasked with producing strong digital content, digging out exclusives, conducting big interviews, and writing fun features and engaging analysis. It is not always only about what happens on the pitch.
We would like someone with experience in delivering great football content and understanding how to build audiences, but we mainly want someone who is as ambitious and enthusiastic as we are. Experience of video – in front of and behind the camera – is an advantage.
Scope and purpose of the role
- To ensure the brand and associated digital platforms are updated with engaging football news, features, video and analysis
- To create, publish and share content in support of digital audience targets
- To work within a tight team, ensuring we have the right content going out at the right times
- To understand audience data and analytics, and produce content responsively
- To help the company towards reaching all digital targets
Key duties and responsibilities
- Produce, create and publish content on the website
- Produce engaging videos for the website and social media
- Ensure a daily diet of informative and fun content is produced
- Develop relationships with readers and organisations so that our brand is a turn-to destinations for content and engagement
- Ensure audience data drives content decisions and that audience targets are met
- Continually suggest innovative content ideas that engage, interest and inform readers and meet the requirements of the digital audience
- Develop personal brand to become a trusted expert and public face
- Have strong and active social media presence
- Assist in general uploading, digital content creation, optimisation and website management in line with established workflows
- Actively take part in digital conferences and planning meetings
- Undertake company/editorial projects and any other duties from time to time as reasonably requested by management
- Achieve pageview targets and author goals
- Journalist qualification (or relevant time-served experience)
- First-class organisational skills
- An excellent understanding of football culture, including having strong contacts and ability to generate leads
- Experience of and ability to use analytics to identify digital audience and content trends and commission content accordingly
- Adaptable and flexible
- Creativity and flair
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated, highly organised and able to take instruction as well as manage
own workload efficiently
- Experience writing high-quality content for digital platforms
- Experience of producing engaging video
- Strong digital skills and excellent communicator on social media
- Awareness and understanding of how people use the internet to search for information
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under deadline pressure
- Flexible approach to shifts
- Comfortable with targets and KPIs
- Up-to-date knowledge of media law and IPSO code
- Full driving licence
Please note this role is remote however there is a requirement that you must be residing in the UK
National World is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment as an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. Consideration will be given to flexible working and job share options for all roles.