At BBC Global Digital News & Streaming, we aim to help people understand the world around them, make informed choices, and take an active part in society and democracy. As we expand our footprint to meet increasing demand for our style of quality and impartial journalism and unscripted content in North America, we are seeking motivated, passionate, high performing individuals across a variety of skillsets to join our global team.
This role is based in London collaborating with a distributed team across New York, D.C. and beyond.
BBC Studios is seeking an editorial producer to join the features team on BBC.com. They will be responsible for various production-related tasks in support of our mission of publishing
inspiring, engaging, informative articles and videos across culture, travel, science and business subject areas every day.
We are looking for someone with an interest in written or video journalism, photo/design or social media , who will see this as a chance to work alongside some of the greatest minds in the business, to support and learn from their work, gaining valued experience to begin contributing as a writer, graphic designer, video or content producer over time as well. It’s a great opportunity for someone to learn on the job and grow within their role and play a crucial role in the development of a brand new BBC.com.
- Work in a CMS to ‘build’ articles and get them in publish-ready condition.
- Spot check articles and videos for grammar, style and any other oddities and errors.
- Support photo and social team with occasional image resizing and posting.
- Various tasks to support the distribution and success of BBC.com features.
- Collaborate with production team members and manager to complete daily production, work on deadline, while working on longer term projects.
- Join team brainstorming and planning meetings to share point of view and ideas.
- Potential to contribute articles, video production, social media or other creative work based on personal interest and experience areas.
- Work collaboratively and eagerly among a global team of journalists, editors, and producers.
- Help drive the growth and reputation of BBC.com with new audiences and demographics, and uphold BBC’s rigorous editorial standards and journalistic best practices.
- 3+ years professional experience in digital media, with a focus on editorial, design, or social media work
- You’re a strong communicator and eager to collaborate across a global team of engaged journalists, editors, and video producers.
- You have a passion for news and culture and like the challenge that comes with moving conversations forward.
- You thrive in a deadline driven, detail-oriented role — no task is too small, but high stakes don’t scare you off.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and working in a CMS.
- Published writing, photo or video editing experience a plus.
- A deep love of grammar, calendars and all things being in their right place.
- Open and receptive to feedback, eager to learn.
Contract Type: 6M FTC
Location: London – Television Centre
Working Pattern: Hybrid Working. 1-2 days office-based
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us.
BBC Studios puts sustainability at the heart of everything we do both onscreen and offscreen, including delivering against the BBC Group’s science-based Net Zero targets.
BBC Studios is a world-leading creative powerhouse, responsible for producing and distributing high-quality content that captivates audiences globally. With a rich heritage and a commitment to excellence, BBC Studios sets the benchmark for innovative storytelling and entertainment.
As the main commercial and production arm of the BBC, we’re fuelling the BBC’s future. We’re pioneers of storytelling, generating millions in revenue each year, while working in partnership with – and supporting – the wider creative industries.
At BBC Studios, we foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, and inclusivity. We embrace diverse perspectives and talent, driving innovation and pushing boundaries to create exceptional content that resonates with audiences across different cultures and platforms.
We are proud of our heritage, and we are excited about the future. If you are passionate about creating exceptional content and shaping the future of the global media industry, we invite you to join us on this incredible journey at BBC Studios.