We are seeking an Editorial Associate (EA) to support the Practical Law editorial teams with the creation, publication, delivery, and presentation of content for Practical Law and to provide administrative support to facilitate the smooth running of the editorial teams.
Practical Law is a leading online know-how service providing rigorous, peer-reviewed resources, including practice notes, current awareness and standard documents to help legal professionals work more efficiently and advise with confidence. Practical Law is part of Thomson Reuters, one of the world’s most trusted providers of answers across law, tax, compliance, government and media.
About the role
Working with fellow EAs in both the UK and Hyderabad and under the organization and supervision of an EA Manager, you will:
- Proof-read content for compliance with Practical Law style.
- Review content for errors or broken links.
- Create, code, and publish content assets and check that the published asset renders properly on the live site.
- Compare and convert documents.
- Compile and maintain internal lists and data.
- Perform resource audits and coordinate bulk changes to content.
- Review the content in document templates to ensure that the content renders properly on the live site and solve template usage problems as and when they arise.
- Provide support to ensure that customer questions are answered and published appropriately.
- Create visual content such as flowcharts and tables.
Successful candidates for this Editorial Associate role are likely to have:
- Undergraduate degree (2:1 or above).
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Excellent proof-reading skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in working to deadlines and able to prioritize and manage own workload.
- Previous experience working in a publishing environment preferred.
- Previous experience using technology to create and disseminate online content preferred.
Application deadline: 5pm 29 January 2024
What’s in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- Hybrid Work Model: We’ve adopted a flexible hybrid working environment for our office-based roles while delivering a seamless experience that is digitally and physically connected.
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more.
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: two company-wide Mental Health Days Off; work from another location for up to a total of 8 weeks in a year, 4 of those weeks can be out of the country and the remaining in the country, Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing.
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking.
- Social Impact: Nine employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact.
- Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.