We are looking for an editorial AI project co-ordinator, a role at the forefront of integrating AI technology within journalism. This position bridges the gap between editorial and technological innovation, playing a key role in transforming how some news is devised and created. The successful candidate will report directly to Newsquest’s head of editorial AI.
Who we are looking for:
An individual with a strong background in digital news publishing, who is not only passionate about the transformative power of AI in journalism but also has the skills to lead and innovate.
As the editorial AI project co-ordinator, you will be at the helm of a team of AI-assisted reporters, guiding them towards creating pioneering editorial content that helps set the benchmark for being an AI-assisted journalist. Your role involves strategic thinking, hands-on leadership, effective communication with both editorial and product teams and putting into practice your core journalistic skills and instincts.
Join us in this ground-breaking role where you will not only witness the evolution of AI-assisted journalism but also actively shape it. This position offers the chance to be at the forefront of an exciting and rapidly evolving field, where your work will have a significant impact on the future of news reporting.
- Stay at the cutting edge of AI technology, continuously identifying and leveraging new editorial opportunities
- Lead and mentor an expanding team of AI-assisted journalists, fostering a culture of innovation and excellence
- Collaborate closely with our in-house product team to customise and enhance our AI tools, ensuring they are aligned with our editorial needs
- Proactively identify technological advancements that can elevate our newsroom’s capabilities, driving efficiency and effectiveness
- Serve as a crucial communication bridge between newsroom leaders, as well as product teams
- Develop new journalistic ideas and solutions to harness the power of AI in improving our editorial output
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification
- Proven leadership experience in a newsroom setting, preferably within the UK’s local/national news landscape
- A deep and nuanced understanding of the UK news industry
- Exceptional organisational skills, with a track record of managing complex projects and teams
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable of nurturing relationships across various departments
Newsquest Media Group is one of the UK’s largest newspaper and website publishers. As well as a competitive salary, we also offer generous benefits including:
- Contributory pension
- Perks and discounts at various retail outlets
- Opportunities for team building and training days
- 25 days’ paid holiday + statutory bank holidays + your birthday day off.
- Structured career progression, ongoing training, and personal performance reviews
- Discount vouchers
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Mental health support via Lifeworks
- Eye test vouchers plus £50 towards new glasses.
- Annual volunteer charity day
Newsquest Media Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all community sections regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Our recruitment process will consist of various stages and activities, as part of our commitment to fairness to all applicants, we will take into account any adjustments that could help you.
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining why you are the best person for the job. Applications will be reviewed as they are received so submit your details as soon as possible.