The Financial Times is looking for an Editor for FT Weekend’s award-winning property and lifestyle section, House & Home. This is a senior role requiring an experienced and imaginative editor who also has an eye for digital innovation and commercial opportunities. The successful candidate will need to be enthused by the core subjects of House & Home: international property, architecture, luxury interior design, landscape & gardens. The section is rooted in telling visually engaging stories with wit and flair.
- Commission and edit global long form features, interviews and columns
- Liaise with the commercial department to explore new partnerships and opportunities and also nurture current valuable relationships
- Work with the FTW editor and deputy editor on pan-FTW digital projects – while maintaining the high production standards of a very successful print brand
- Collaborate with the visual, data and social media teams to build on the record of recent years and increase H&H’s digital readership and engagement.
- Oversee H&H Unlocked, one of the FT’s best performing newsletters, and H&H’s commercially-led sister site, Property Listings.
- Plan, commission and present the H&H stage at the FTW festival and other events in coordination with FT Live
Who we are looking for
You will need to be able to combine disciplined forward planning and management of a budget, with a flair for commissioning and editing and sound editorial judgement. The successful candidate will need to appreciate the interests and tastes of the section’s high-end global readership and be constantly on the hunt for new writers and themes.
- Extensive experience commissioning and editing timely stories.
- In-depth knowledge of mainstream and luxury property markets as well as the ability to handle, process and clearly present data to readers.
- A love of good interior design, and be in tune with the latest trends.
- The role requires close coordination with a pictures editor and designer to maintain the high-visual quality of the premium print product and to be constantly trying to enrich and improve the look and reach of stories online.
- Pragmatic cooperation and liaison with other Weekend section editors, as well as the FT’s property correspondent and other reporters, to dovetail our coverage and avoid clashes.
Please submit your application by the end of the day, Thursday 22nd February 2024.
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
How we work
Our hybrid setup means staff are expected to come into the office 3 days a week.
Our office is located across the street from St. Paul’s Cathedral and is easily accessible from all corners of London. There are the main train terminals such as Liverpool Street, Moorgate, Blackfriars, City Thameslink or Waterloo all situated within walking distance or there are several tube stations within a few mins walk such as Mansion House (District or Circle line), St. Paul’s (Central line), Bank (Central or Waterloo & City line) or Barbican (Central, Hammersmith & City or Metropolitan lines).
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact email@example.com and a member of our team will be happy to help.