Sky News strives to be the best live, breaking and premium digital news publisher, and this is a fantastic opportunity to work in a world class newsroom with incredible array of talent.
We want to recruit a video on demand producer to join our growing, innovative digital team to make content for the huge and growing audiences on our platforms.
We reach global audiences of tens of millions on YouTube, over-the-top services like Apple TV and Roku and via Sky’s own premium owned and operated services on Sky Q and Glass.
We are looking for someone who will relish the opportunity to work on the breadth of stories that Sky News covers. You’ll be dealing with fast-paced breaking news, long-form original pieces from Sky’s team of agenda-setting journalists and everything else in between.
What you’ll do:
• You will ensure the best original journalism and key programming is promoted and available to the millions of people who use Sky News On Demand platforms
• You’ll curate the TV-originated content on our YouTube channel with its subscriber base of more than 6.5m people
• You’ll ensure Sky customers are offered a rich and in-depth choice of our best content on our premium platforms such as Sky Glass and Sky Q
• You’ll make bespoke content for a range of Sky News partners which will be seen anywhere from the smart devices in people’s homes to ships at sea.
What you’ll bring:
• A deep knowledge of our original journalism from the UK and around the world.
• An understanding of the news agenda and with it ability to prioritise stories so the most important to our audience are put in front of them quickly.
• An solid understanding of the platforms where Sky News content appears.
• Passion for writing and an ability to craft a headline which demands the viewer’s attention.
• Pride in your own accuracy, news knowledge and an ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Knowledge of UK media law including defamation and copyright.
• Experience of video editing platforms. (Quantel, Adobe Premiere, Avid, DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut)
• An ability to be a standout colleague – not just working with your own team – but with teams across the newsroom.
Sky News is a world-class news service with a spirit of innovation and a fresh approach to story-telling. Our aim is to be the best and most trusted place for news, reflecting the diversity of our audience. Made by people who dare to challenge. Made for people who want clarity in an uncertain world.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you’ll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We’ve adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You’ll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.